So I met up with Claire this morning and we went to this coffee shop called “Counter Culture” which was an annoying name but a pretty chill place. Then we biked to this other coffee shop where her boyfriend Joey works. It is called Downtown Subscription and it is where all the old people hang out. Rght this second though, and I am not kidding, there is a girl sitting across from me wearing aviators completely shamelessly trying to look sexy and taking pictures of herself with her camera phone. Ha. I also overheard her conversation about 2 minutes ago where she was talking about some new myspace feature where you can chat with people. Obviously that’s not new. But whatever.
In other news: I am officially out of a job. The reason that I came out here has now ceased to exist. Actually all three reasons (a friend, a place to live, and a job) have just fallen away one by one. Max turned out to be CRAZY (well I guess I knew that, but I didn’t quite know the extent or the scale) and is currently having some sort of breakdown which required him to quit his job. Unfortunately, my career at Santa Fe Printing was linked to him, since he was going to train me to do all this shit and help him with his job, doing production and making websites. I had a big talk with Max on Tuesday night where he was saying that he just felt like a failure in all aspects of his life (his relationship, professionally, as a father) and he is feeling completely overwhelmed and has to give up on something. Apparently, he has lost faith in the business and hates working there and doesn’t believe that it’s going to get off the ground. Unfortunately, when he told me three weeks ago that they desperately needed my help, things looked like they were getting better and better and jobs kept pouring in, but since then, they just stopped getting calls. I suggested that instead of giving up, he figure out a way to make it work for him, i.e. spending less time at the office, making a schedule with Zhenya about who has Andrei when so that they don’t have to have terrible abusive phone conversations everyday. So, Max met with Christian on wednesday and told him the terms under which he would continue to work at Santa Fe Printing - fewer hours, being on payroll instead of being a partner, and only doing design, no management or customer service. Christian needed time to think it over and called Max this morning to say no, thanks anyway, and that he has already hired a web designer but will let him know in a month if he can use Max (or me) at all.
It's pretty fucked up, i must say, but its not Max's fault i guess, and i do believe that it'll be ok. I'm just annoyed, dissapointed, dont want to see Max's face all the time, etc.
BUT one awesome thing did happen yesterday. Since i didnt have to go to work i went to get coffee and ran into this girl Katy whom i had met the other night and is nice. On my way to go walk around and look at some galleries i decided to stop by this restaurant called the Cowgirl to see if they were hiring because i had heard it was a sweet place to work and it seems very fun. I talked to this woman and she asked me to come back at 7:15 for an interview. I came back and we chatted for a little while and she said she had a good feeling about me so it looks like i might have a job waiting tables! and the best part: wearing a cowboy hat is part of the uniform! holy SHIT!
i'm getting kicked out of this coffee shop so i gotta run, but thats the gist of the last few days' ups and downs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Morgan. I am just now reading over these posts. Whew. You are dealing with shit, but the thng is that you'd be dealing with it here too, only different. I am so sorry that it didn't work out the way you expected. I find that happening to me a lot lately. You prepare for one thing an then it blows up in your face. People (older people) keep telling me about all these lessons I'm learning. It still sucks though. In just one and a half weeks so much has happened and you've been through a lot, but it is going to level out, I have no doubt of that. There is a reason that you are there right now.
PS: I am retarded and I should have listened to you. You said something so smart. It was like, "If you don't do anything you have nothing to be ashamed of." I keep doing things that give me great shame. I feel constant embarassment. How does one overcome this handicap? I think you are wise like Buddha.
Post a Comment